20 November, 2012

FROM NON-SOCIABILITY TO SOCIABILITY


1. Transactional / Monologue
I said what I said, or did what I did. I'm really not hoping for a response, just action.
Example - self-checkout at the grocery store, check-in for a airplane flight, a white paper download. There is only one person.

2. Request / Call to Action
I said what I said, or did what I did looking for a specific response. This could be a purchase, a support case, but it is one on one. It is social only in that there are two people involved.

3. Passive / Ventin
I am talking or doing, and I might need a response, but even I am not sure. I'm hoping for acknowledgment, not necessarily a response, but it might be nice.
Examples - I cannot find what I need, in a store or online. Body language/tone suggests frustration. Poor experience by an airline on Twitter.

4. One-Sided Dialogue
Two parties are talking, but the conversation is a bit one sided. To get results, multiple departments, partners might need to get involved. For the most part, the interactions are 'contained' and both parties are working to keep it this way. The words, "I am sorry" and "there is nothing we can do" find their way into these interactions.

5. Information Seeker / Social Pressure
I am actively asking for information. I will not be happy until I get it. I may begin  with a simple email, but will progress to blogs, Twitter and other very public channels. This might be an escalation to number 4.

6. Active / Engaged
We are engaged in a conversation. Others may join in to push things forward.

7. Community Driven
We are all conversing. It is many-to-many, I am helping others, giving advice. I may want recognition, free things, and special support.
.
.

(taken from Customer Relationship Management course slides...)

No comments:

Post a Comment