28 August, 2013

LINDA PERHACS [PARALLELOGRAMS, 1970] - FOR THOSE WHO LISTEN TO MUSIC TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE





















“Paper Mountain Man” was about someone I loved very much, but the pain he cause me when he decided on so many other ladies as excruciating. I never felt such pain, but I'm also grateful to him, because that pain was so awful that I knew I was either going to die or climb upward in spiritual strength to survive. And that was the beginning of my strong spiritual climb.

“Dolphin” was the first song I wrote for the album. It was inspired by many diving trips in Baja, California and long, solitary walks on empty beaches.

“Call of the River” This song was also a result of time I had spent on the Olympic Peninsula.

“Hey Who Really Cares?” was used as the theme song for the TV series Matt Lincoln that ran for three years. The studio called me one evening and asked me to do a song for their new show and gave me a short version of the subject over the phone, and asked me to have it ready for them the next day!

“Moons and Cattails” has drums from all over the world as could only be played by Shelley Mann and Milt Holland (both major percussionists of the time).

"Morning Colors” has two separate flute tracks that surprisingly fit together perfectly.

“Porcelain Baked Over Cast Iron Wedding” was about the disgust I felt about the cost of weddings around me in Beverly Hills; the shallowness of the love and the fact that the concentration was on the display of grandeur rather than the vows that should have been the focus. One girl in my office spent a year planning her wedding, and I never heard her mention the guy! I knew the cost was breaking her whole family, and I just wrote the song because it was disturbing me.

“Delicious” A young ladies dream of perfect love!

[Linda Perhacs in an interview, describing some of her songs in the album...]

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    click on the image to listen to the full amazing album...

    ReplyDelete