17 June, 2020

KALBEN - FROM ISTANBUL WITH LOVE AND FULL OF COLORS
























“I’m hyped about having reached some place through music,” she begins to tell. “I’ve never been to New York before. I didn’t have the financial means when I was studying or working. But music enables me to do this. In New York, there were people who loved our music and sang our songs even though Turkish was not their mother tongue. I’m very thrilled about that. It’s as if I made my mother proud… As if some of the things that happened to me during my childhood finally did some good… As if even people who entered my life and hurt me have some meaning… As if life isn’t only about good and evil, or black and white… 
Thanks to music, I have a lot of pink and grey areas in my life. I started to see more delightful and carefree things among those black and whites.”

from Kalben (an artist from Istanbul)





No comments:

Post a Comment