27 September, 2012

RICKY EAT ACID - SKETCHES (2012)

















'I’ve always loved ambient and drone music and this summer I really became obsessed with the idea of music as a means of evoking place, time, or feeling instead of telling some kind of narrative. It’s the same way I like to approach photography, actually. I like photos that have a strong sense of composition, but it’s easy to miss because the focus is more on texture or tone which I guess leads to the photos I used for the project...'

















'I feel like music should be, above all, visual. It doesn’t have to be, of course, but the music I personally connect with is very visual to me. I imagine myself listening to it at a specific time, or in a specific place, whether or not that time or place is real, so I’ve always loved writing songs that encapsulate certain places or moments in time for me. Sometimes I’ll go out exploring just to get inspiration for a song...'

from interview Ricky Eat Acid

1 comment: