11 March, 2014

LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN [LITERATURE]






















“There's a part of me that thinks perhaps we go on existing in a place even after we've left it.”

“Yet she likes complications. She wishes she could turn and say: I like people who unbalance me.”

“I guess this is what marriage is, or was, or could be. You drop the mask. You allow the fatigue in. You lean across and kiss the years because they're the things that matter.”

“There are moments we return to, now and always. Family is like water - it has a memory of what it once filled, always trying to get back to the original stream.”

“No shame in saying that I felt a loneliness drifting through me. Funny how it was, everyone perched in their own little world with the deep need to talk, each person with their own tale, beginning in some strange middle point, then trying so hard to tell it all, to have it all make sense, logical and final.”

“Words are good for saying what things are, but sometimes they don't function for what things aren't.”

No comments:

Post a Comment