02 September, 2013

THE DAY I HEARD ABOUT JOHNNY FLYNN

How do you feel about becoming an influence, and an icon? Is it daunting or honouring?
I doubt it’s true. If people like the music, that’s nice.
 
Do you keep on top of new music or do you find you’re too busy most of the time?
I don’t see music as something to keep ‘on top of’. I hear stuff that I like…I’m not a geek about it. If I like something I listen to it, whether it’s new or old. I’m generally in a position to see and hear new bands – whether it’s because I play with them or I get recommended stuff from bands I’m touring with.
 
Can you see your sound taking a drastic turn in terms of genre in the future, or will you continue to make country/folk inspired music?
I’ll hold that door open…I don’t consciously go in any particular direction when writing songs – it depends what’s going on up there… [Johnny Flynn in an interview]
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment